1. Make your booking for a normal seat on AirAsiaX. Even if you got your seat for free (which I did win as a prize), it is fine, you are still entitled for the upgrade.
2. Go to http://www.optiontown.com and key in your Booking Reference Number and Last Name.
3. View the price offered for the upgrade
|Go to OptionTown to key in your 6-character Booking Reference|
|Sample pricing for the Premium Upgrade|
I have tried upgrading only 2 times, once was for a flight from Perth to Kuala Lumpur for RM200+RM10, and another was for Paris to Kuala Lumpur for RM505+RM10. Both of which were successful. For the Perth to Kuala Lumpur flight, I was emailed 3 days prior to departure. Whereas for Paris to Kuala Lumpur, the email only arrived the day before departure. I have no idea how long they actually take to refund should the upgrade be unsuccessful.
This is the sample email you will receive upon a successful upgrade.
|Successful Upgrade email, received on the day before departure|
|The amount I paid for the upgrade. For a 14-hour flight, it was worth every penny|
What exactly do you get for this Upgrade? As advertised on OptionTown:
- Flat Bed Comfort (not exactly 180 degrees flat, but close enough)
- Comfort Head & Foot rest
- 20kg Free Baggage (worth RM65)
- Preferred Seat Assignment (worth RM25)
- Hot Meal & Mineral water (worth RM55)
- Premium Pillow/Blanket for loan
- Priority Check-in/Boarding
- Laptop / PC Outlet
- Priority Baggage claim upon landing
What I truly got? Being able to play hide & seek on the plane. See? Can't find me!
|That's me under the covers, too relaxed to get off before the photo was taken|
|Free electricity! Endless hours of movies & games on my Ipad|
|Privacy from others in front of me|
1. Upgrade to Premium / "Business" class on AirAsiaX
2. Book Empty Seats on AirAsiaX
3. Flexibility Reward on AirAsiaX