This morning, AirAsia promoted their new BIG SHOT loyalty program. Facts are available on their website http://www.tune2big.com but information is quite hidden all over the place. This is the summary I have concluded:
- BIG SHOT is an email login ID for you to earn points called BIGGIES
- It comes with a Visa Prepaid card, to earn extra Biggies at selected merchants
- It costs RM10 to apply, and RM5 annual fee. The RM50 tax on credit cards is NOT APPLICABLE
- To earn Biggies on AirAsia bookings, simply key in your BIG SHOT email ID when performing the booking
- If booking flights + (Baggage/meals/seats/insurance), you get 1 Biggie for every RM2 spent (excl airport tax)
- If booking flights only, you get 1 Biggie for every RM4 spent
- There is no indication that the Visa Prepaid card must be used to pay for the air tickets
- For flights ALREADY BOOKED, you can submit a claim within 30 days from now until 30 days after the departure date. Once a member, click on BIGGIES and then click on Claim BIGGIES
|I submitted 4 claims for flights already booked. That would get me about 600 Biggies points|
AirAsia has been wanting to come up with a loyalty program for its frequent flyers. I am still uncertain whether this is going to be the case, but for RM10 application fee and RM5 per year, I am willing to try. Also, AirAsia normally gives preferential booking/pricing to its affiliated cards. I am waiting to see what will happen. In the meantime, what can you do with BIGGIES?
|What you can get for your Biggies Points|
|Hotels and Holidays are offered for Biggies Points|
|Redeem Gift Vouchers with Biggies Points|
The AirAsia voucher redemption has been around for some time. Basically, RM8000 spent gets you RM50 worth of AirAsia voucher. This is quite a good conversion compared to the Citibank AirAsia credit card that requires RM8500 spent.
Update 14 Oct 2011:
You no longer need to submit the claim form. Login to AirAsia with your normal email and password, then click on My Flights | Manage my booking. Look for any of your booking and click "Modify". You should then see this page
|New Earn BIGGIES tab on the left of Manage my booking|
IMPORTANT: BIGGIE Points can only be earned by the individual passenger. Eventhough your family or travel partners do not have a BIG Shot ID, you still cannot earn BIGGIE Points on their behalf. I tried, it failed.
|One BIG Shot account for One passenger. No cheating allowed.|
AirAsia BIG SHOT to Redeem Flights