- by angie -
I'm happy to be back in KL after 4 long days of fun-filled activities. This is a summary of what I've been up to the past 4 days.
Day 1: 22 March 2008, Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh
- Left Exxon-Mobil near KLCC to Esso Jln Sg. Buloh.
- Perform my team chant (Papaya E-I-E-I-O)
- Do a Pump-It-Close challenge, i.e. pump RM4.31 of petrol
- Walk hunt at Esso Batang Berjuntai
- Pickup a goodie bag from Mobil Sg. Besar
- Find Bethany Home at Simpang Ampat to present the goodie bag
- Help to paint their garden pots and walls, but thunderstorm
- Built a 3-tier shelf as fast as you can
- Walk hunt at Teluk Intan
- Another Pump-It-Close challenge in Mobil Changkat Jong
- Ipoh to take a photo of ourselves in front of 3 heritage buildings whilst holding today's newspaper. Heavy rain came when we tried to take the 3rd pic, nobody to help us take it!
- Finally checked in to Heritage Hotel, Ipoh
On this day, our friendly Ipoh policemen were kind enough to tell me which heritage building I was looking for and escorted me to the place, thank you very much. Hui hui had to beg a shop owner for her personal copy of The Star, cos not a single copy could be found in Ipoh town at 5pm!
Day 2: 23 March 2008, Ipoh to Bukit Merah
- Drive hunt at Greentown, Ipoh
- Entered Lost World of Tambun to do 3 challenges:
a) Walk approx 350m against river currents
b) Rush down a river slide on floats, apply shaving cream all over one partner's face, and another to throw Cheezels onto the shaving cream to make it stick!
c) Assemble PVC pipes and joints underwater to form the word SMILES
- Another Pump-It-Close challenge at Mobil near Tesco Ipoh
- A 16-piece jigsaw puzzle challenge (we came 1st!)
- Walk hunt in the scorching hot sun at Kuala Kangsar
- Headed to Taiping zoo, thunderstorm loomed, and we had to take photos of the snake, sambar deer and chimpanzee with us in the photo, all within 30 mins. Try running like hell in the pouring rain
- Yet another Pump-It-Close challenge at Gunung Semanggol Rest Area Esso
- Check-in to Bukit Merah Laketown Resort
Day 3: 24 March 2008, Bukit Merah to Penang
- Visit Orang Utan Island in Bukit Merah, very cute baby orang utans there
- Bike ride around Bukit Merah to do:
a) Blow up a huge swimming float
b) Roll a dice to eat either chilli padi or crackers loaded with wasabi
c) Duplicate a Lego puzzle
d) Bowl 10 mineral bottles using a coconut
e) Paddle boat relay whilst blowing 5 balloons and filling 10 plastic bags of water
- Walk Hunt at Seberang Perai in the most scorching hot sun of the 3 days
- Took ferry to Penang (RM7.70!!!!)
- Arrived Fort Cornwallis to sit a trishaw ride
- Walk Hunt at Little India
- Trishaw ride back to Fort Cornwallis in a thunderstorm
- Checkin at Cititel Penang
- Re-do jigsaw puzzle from Day 2 with one person blindfolded, and the other yelling like crazy from 4ft away.
Day 4: 25 March 2008, Penang
- Mini walk hunt inside Fort Cornwallis
- Trishaw ride to Chow Rasta market to buy some treasures
- Trishaw to New World Park to eat Ice Kacang 4-in-1 as fast as you can
- Back to Fort Cornwallis to do a Snakes & Ladders game
Overall, I really enjoyed myself these 4 days and was well worth our sacrifices. Eventhough I didn't win anything significant, I have no regrets and can proudly say "Been there, done that!". Now I can't wait for it to appear on TV3!